11.16.2009

tidbits about today

Today started with my girl letting herself in and plodding her way into my room and greeting me at my bedside, patting my hands which were curled up in front of me. Mind you, Tim had been up with her for 20-30 minutes already, and she had just gotten away from what they were doing together, but what fun it was to see her like, "Care to join us, mama?" :)

I scooped her up into bed and sat up with her and after a quick initial cuddle, Maggie started tugging my shirt and trying to lift it up - old nursing signals! She stopped nursing about 2 months ago. (Hard to believe it's already been that long!) She sized me up, copped a feel, leaned in toward me like she wanted to nurse ... but then, got distracted my belly button. Oh that
funny belly button, makes her laugh every time. It was interesting though ... that was the first time she's really showed any interest/curiosity about nursing since she stopped. I asked her, "Are you remembering nursing? I don't have any milk for you anymore!" (Coincidently, she did see little 2mo Nicholas, at church, nursing yesterday, and she watched with interest. I wonder if that sparked her memory or something? Perhaps!)

Maggie is really starting to look at pictures more and pay attention to faces/content. This morning she came across the salad spinner box, which is sitting in the same place it
always sits, but she noticed it had a picture of greens/carrots/tomatoes with the spinner. She starts smacking her lips together and pointing, saying, "Umma umma umma!" Obviously, salad is good stuff! My sweet little vegetarian. ;)

Also along the lines of noticing what is in pictures, she got out the church directory. On the cover is a big old picture of our church. "Da da da!" she announced. Correct, little one, that's where we always go to see Daddy. I opened it to a picture of the sanctuary and she just got the giggles. She really
doeslike tromping around in the sanctuary. Tim pointed out that that is probably the angle she is used to seeing from the choir loft (where we sit at church). Maybe that church drives me and Tim nuts some days, but our girlie has good impressions and associations of it. :)

Anyhow, just some fun observations. She is really making so many connections about things these days. We also spent some fun time at the park today because it is a gloriously sunny November day. You don't get a ton of these, so we got to playin'!





Just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment