11.04.2009

inagural post

Why a new blog? Well... why not!?

I just wanted to set up a little place that I can try to keep track of my life and my daughter's life as she changes and grows by leaps and bounds. I do some of that on livejournal.com (http://laurakain.livejournal.com), but it seemed like a good idea to create a space for musings on life with my girl. And my guy. It remains to be seen as to what this blog will become, but ... here we are. :)

I picked the title
"tired triumph" because at the end of the day, I am often exhausted. Go figure! I've run around like crazy with my 16 month old Maggs - tried to appease her - educate her - mold her into a good little person - and even tried to make her smile and laugh. I've tried to keep the house from imploding. I've tried to make a healthy meal or two. I've cleaned a chunk of it off the floor. (We're working on that whole "we don't waste food!" thing.) I've tried to be patient and loving. But at the end of the day, I also find that I sometimes feel a sense of triumph. We survived! I'm generally proud of my girl and what we've done. I hope that my husband and I are growing a caring, peaceful girl who is part of The Solution. Don't get me wrong ... there are certainly days I fall short of being the mom, the person, the Christian, the activist I aspire to be ... but I find I must rely on God's grace to keep me humble and allow me to get up to do it all again the next day!


The monkey who has my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment