2.08.2011

please pray...

I don't know that anyone reads this blog, but if you happen upon it and are the praying sort, please lift up a baby named Miranda. She is a newborn and she needs a miracle. Her mother lost her life in a car accident and the baby was delivered after being without oxygen for quite a while. Pray for her brain to show signs of activity - pray for God's healing in her life. Her family's heart is broken and her daddy needs her so much right now.

I have been a mess about this. It just reminds me that we never do know what might happen from day to day and that life is such a precious precious gift.

Please. Please pray for her and for her family.

4 comments:

  1. I don't read your blog too often, Laura, so I come to this late - but I'm curious about what happened.
    I don't blame you for being a mess - becoming a mama has made me much more sensitive to all of these kinds of things. Can't imagine her papa's anguish... If you know, let me know. Thanks.
    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. They let her swelling go down, but after 3 days and several MRIs, there was no brain activity and she was taken off life support. She died shortly after. Heartbreaking. Trying to remember to continue to pray for the family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. crap.

    I'm now officially following your blog - hopefully that means I'll get some sort of notification via my email if you have responded to a comment - since I utterly missed this one.

    So sad. Saying a little prayer for that whole family. What a tragedy. I can't even imagine (what I can imagine is awful enough & I'm sure it goes way beyond that). God is good, but the world is often terrible. =(

    ReplyDelete