1.13.2011

just like the 2nd kid ...

... to get the shaft, and not get a formal "announcement" in the blogosphere.

Yeah, we're pregnant. As of today, I'm about 21 weeks. :) I suppose that I hinted at it several entries ago, buuuuut ... I also haven't blogged in a good long spell either. Everyone on facebook knows! But yes, my apologies, little one. I too was my mama's second, so I should be more sensitive to the shaft that those born after the first tend to get, but for now, I'll just commiserate with you. I've been there. You're in good company. :)

Baby is due around 5/25 - sometime at the end of May, as the actual date keeps fluctuating a bit depending on the day of ultrasound. And I have had a number of those, due to our complications from last time. Thankfully though, everything looks *quite* normal this time. And today we got our first indication that baby may be a big one. At this point, my midwife said it must have had a little spurt because it was 14 oz. Babycenter.com says that belly fruit is normally 11-12 oz or so at this point. Yowza! Way to grow, baby. And, um, lay off the holiday eats, mama. ;)


To make my neglectfulness up to you, little one, I will now smatter your u/s images all over the internets. You're very welcome.


6 weeks - ain't nothin' but a blip thang, bay-by!




9 weeks - more like a peanut now



11 weeks - a lovely profile




13 weeks ... big stuff!




... And today, 1/13, at 21 weeks and about 14 oz! Bruiser!


We've had our nerves, for sure, but we're very excited. I have been feeling good - tired, but good. I blame the tired on the toddler. :) Blessings abound!

** Oh, and I'm not being an elusive jerk - we didn't find out the gender! We'll find out when babe makes it's debut in 18-19 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment